Saturday, November 29, 2014

Reog Ponorogo, The Uniqueness of Traditional Dance

Reog Ponorogo is the traditional dance from Ponorogo, East Java, Indonesia. Commonly this dance is full of magic activity such as other traditional dance, for intance Jathilan or Jaran Kepang. Yet, nowadays, this dance is aimed to entertain people.
Recently, Reog Ponorogo also only is performed in the certain event, therefore it is became the unique and attracting performance. People will get crowded when they hear that there will be Reog Ponorogo perfomance ....
Hence, it is my luckiness, when I could see its performance in front of my home. Free ....

Here are some pictures that were taken when they performed in front of my house ....
The Rare Performance of Reog Ponorogo Make a The Street in Front of My House so Crowded
A Couple of Reog Dancer
After Performance of The Dancer .....
Great Mask of Lion .....
The Backside Mask of Dancer ... So Great ...
And ... here is the video that I could capture ....

All pics and Videos, taken by @mom_of_five
November 29, 2014 at Surabaya
by Oppo Yoyo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.comment-content a {display: none;}